Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council Head Start Program has the following career opportunities available:
- Regional Center Base Coordinator, Saratoga Springs: Supports and supervises the Lead Teachers in the assigned region. Works closely with the Region Managers and Managers for Child Development/Disability Services, Health/Nutrition and the Regional Home Base Coordinators to provide training, monitoring and support to staff. Minimum three years teaching in early childhood along with previous supervision experience. Must have a BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field with a minimum of six courses in ECE. A valid NY State Teaching Certification in Birth to Grade 2 or N-6 is required. 40 hrs/week – full year.
- Lead Early Childhood Teacher/UPK, Saratoga Springs: Serves as the lead in planning, implementing and supervising all classroom routines and activities. Works as the liaison between the classroom team and the case management team. Must have a BA in Early Childhood Education and NYS Teacher Certification N-6 with preschool experience. MA and Head Start experience a plus! 40 hrs/week – school year.
- Assistant Teacher, Saratoga Springs: Partner with the Teacher in developing activities for preschool Head Start children. Will assist teacher in carrying out goals, policies and developing activities designed to implement educational objectives and performance standards. AS in Early Childhood or Preschool CDA required. 40 hrs/week – school year.
- Home Visitors, Saratoga, Malta, Mechanicville and Corinth: Provides comprehensive home-based school readiness and goal based services to young children and families. Involves case management, advocacy and education to families on an assigned caseload. Will focus on socialization, education, health, nutrition, family services and social emotional needs. Requires a Home Visitor CDA or comparable credential, equivalent coursework as part of a relevant AS or BA is acceptable. Experience working with young children and families required. 40 hrs/week – full year.
- Family Advocate, Ballston Spa: Serves as the direct family support to center-based families through needs assessment, goal setting, referral and advocacy processes. Coordinates service delivery for children and families in conjunction with the health and education service areas. Responsible for recruiting eligible children and introducing families to all Head Start and EOC programs. Must have an AS Degree in Human Services and at least two years in the Human Services field. Experience in performing basic social assessments and working knowledge of governmental/social services programs required. 40 hrs/week – full year.
- Teacher Aides (Floaters), Clifton Park and Saratoga: Assists Lead and Assistant Teachers with daily classroom programs, lesson plans and activities. HS Diploma/GED and the knowledge of working with preschool children required. Two positions available to cover absences/vacancies in various classrooms in the county. 30 hrs/week – school year.
- Nutrition Aide, Ballston Spa:Assists in the kitchen and provides meals to Head Start preschoolers. HS Diploma/GED and experience in a kitchen and cafeteria required. Knowledge of nutrition, basic food preparation and sanitation necessary. 30 hrs/week – school year.
- Health Advocate, Ballston Spa:Ensuring that families have health insurance coverage and an ongoing source of continuous, accessible health and dental care. Will be responsible for assessments, screenings and accuracy of records. Will coordinate transportation for families as needed. AS Degree in a health related field or two years of experience working in public health or nutrition. This is a temporary position working 40 hrs/week, approximately three to four months. All positions offer excellent benefits and paid time off. A reliable vehicle and valid, clean driver’s license required.
If interested, please send resume with letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (518) 288- 3234 or mail to Human Resources at Saratoga County EOC, PO Box 169 Ballston Spa, NY 12020.
For more information or to apply online, visit our website at www.saratogaeoc.org.