BALLSTON SPA – The following is a list of important dates for students interested in participating in fall sports and their parents.
Start Dates – High School Level:
- Monday, Aug. 14 – football, soccer, volleyball, cross country, girls swim/dive, girls tennis
- Wednesday, Aug.16 – golf
- Thursday, August 17 – cheerleading
Start Dates – Modified Level:
- Thursday, Aug. 24 – modified football
- Monday, Aug. 28 – boys soccer, volleyball
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 – girls soccer, cross country
Click here for the First Day Tryout/Practice Schedule
Any student who desires to participate in an interscholastic sport at Ballston Spa must first:
- Be enrolled as a bona fide student in the Ballston Spa Central School District in grades 7-12.
- Have a current physical. Physicals are good for one calendar year. In addition, the school physician must approve the student for participation.
- Submit a green card (interval health history) completed by a parent or guardian. Green cards must be filled out within 30 days of the start of the season. For high school level sports green cards cannot be dated earlier than July 14. For modified level sports green cards cannot be dated earlier than July 24 for football and July 28 for all other sports.
Paperwork Deadlines – Submit all completed paperwork to your school nurse or the athletics office by:
- July 31 for high school level sports
- Aug.14 for modified football
- Aug. 18 for all other modified level sports
- Required documentation forms (physical form & green card) can be printed off the “forms” page of the athletics website or may be obtained from the high school main office. School office hours are 8:00am to 3:00pm.
Late paperwork: Paperwork handed in after the deadline may not be processed in time for participation tickets to be given to coaches. If your paperwork is handed in after the deadline and your coach does not have your ticket, please check with the nurse on the first day of tryouts/practice for your participation ticket.
Free physicals – Free physicals will be offered in the high school nurse’s office the morning of Tuesday, August 8. Please contact Mrs. Waldinger at (518) 884-7150 x2377 to sign up. There are a limited number of appointments.