- All aboard the brew bus! The Spa City Brew Bus, which started running this past October, is hoping to expand their ride schedule for the spring/summer. Former Air Force sergeant Mike Hojnicki of Ballston Spa takes guests on a tour of the Capital Region craft beverage scene. The bus, which takes riders to breweries anywhere between Schroon Lake and Cooperstown (Ommegang), will be looking for drivers and guides in the coming months, with the intention of running seven days a week. Read the full feature in the Daily Gazette https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/03/04/veteran-gets-brew-bus-rolling-to-let-customers-check-out-n-y-s-craft-beverage-scene
- Looking for a new hot spot for breakfast? “Good Eats“, a new eatery on Prospect Street, has been open for several months now, and has been getting positive local write-ups. The restaurant, which is open for breakfast and lunch, mixes traditional American fare with Middle Eastern cuisine. The Saratoga Business Journal conducted an interview with the owners, Ranan and Matt Akari, long-time Ballston Spa residents and business owners, last month. The Daily Gazette reviewers enjoyed their meal. Culinary fare includes falafel, shawarma, and baba ganoush. They are hoping to open the restaurant for dinner hours later this year. You can take a look at some of their menu items on the “Good Eats” facebook page.
- March 8 kicks off Saratoga County Restaurant Week, where participating area restaurants offer a special $20-30, three-course dinner. As part of the event, the county is hosting a sweepstakes anyone can enter to win over $1500 in gift cards. You can also visit the facebook page for menus and pics of delicious food.
- The Albany Business Review is reporting that the Malta-based Stewart’s Shops chain will begin a $50 million dollar expansion, including building 17 new stores and renovating existing ones. The convenience stores are well known in the Capital Region for their ice cream varieties; over the past few years, Stewart’s has steadily built their food-to-go options, including pizza, pasta and sandwiches. At least one new store will be built in Ballston, and the New York cities of Rome and Mount Hope will be getting their first Stewart’s as well.
- The Little Gym is opening in Malta. In an article in the Saratoga Business Journal, owner Kathryn Pellett said that a number of parents, including herself, had enjoyed the “little gym” programs in other locations but were tired of the commute and wanted to bring one to the Saratoga area. The little gym offers a “holistic” approach to fitness and gymnastics for ages 1-12. You can access the Saratoga “Little Gym” website here.
The B-Spa Business Roundup is a blog of local news from the business community found around the area. To share a news tip or something of news interest, email contributor Aaron Dorman, [email protected]