B-Spa Business Roundup March 21-31
- Treepaad Fun Center, in Malta, debuted a major expansion this month: a re-themed “Lazer Tag” area and two new attractions named “Beam” and “Atomic Rush.” Attendees of the ribbon cutting ceremony on March 9 were able to witness Senator Jim Tedisco try out the kiddie car. Attractions at Treepaad include the aforementioned interactive newcomers, Jumpshot Basketball, Rock-climbing and an indoor playground named “Fort Ballocity.”
- Foodies in the area take note: the popular Taste of Ballston Spa event is coming back to Ballston Spa High School on April 16. Offerings from over a dozen local vendors will be available. Tickets are available at the link-$25 advance sales, $30 at the door, and $10 for students. All proceeds benefit the Ballston Spa Education Foundation.
“The Taste of Ballston Spa” sample table
- Boho Chic Boutique is coming to Ballston Spa! The Saratogian interviewed co-owner Carrie Vanderhoof. The store, which originally opened in Waterford, will have a soft reopening on April 26. Boho Chic specializes in home decor items and various pottery, clothing and other artisan goods.
Also see: B-Spa Business Round Up March 4-10
- The Saratogian has a profile up on the popular Ells Family (tree) Farm in Charlton, NY. The farm has hosted family-friendly fall and holiday events for several decades now, including letting kids fire an “apple canon compressor” which shoots out fruit. Chip Ellms, now 70, is turning over the business to this three children as of next year. Future promotions include mini-excavators and colored Christmas trees.
- Hungry to expand your business contacts? The Ballston Spa Business & Professional Association will be sponsoring a Networking Breakfast on Tuesday, April 2, from 7:30-8:30 am,hosted by The Candle Collective, 20 Prospect Street, Suite 214 in Ballston Spa. Cost for the breakfast is $5 with advance reservation—prepayment available at www.ballston.org or RSVP to [email protected] and pay at the door. Non-reserved walk-ins that morning are $10. All business and community members are welcome.
- Ballston Spa National Bank‘s Clifton Park branch has officially relocated to Route 9. A grand opening Wednesday morning, March 20, was attended by Assemblywoman Mary Beth Walsh and Clifton Park Town Supervisor Phil Barrett, among others. The previous branch had been on Ushers Road. It’s the third branch opened by the expanding business in the last year.