ballston-journal-opinion

Speak Up: Respect for First Responders

Police and fire officials were recently on the corner of Thompson and Ford streets. Ballston Spa Ambulance Corp heard the co or smoke detector going off. They went door to door in that apartment building with numerous residents including children, knocking to see where the beeps were coming from and called 911 to report a gas smell. They found the source of the smell of gas however, the man who answered the door was not cooperative and was not allowing them to enter. Meanwhile families were evacuating .

National Grid was called to come turn off the gas and they were trying to get the man to tell them the name of the building owner and the man refused to tell the firemen. The dispatcher attempted to find the number of the owner and when he did, the owner did not respond.

The man was non-compliant and verbally abusive to these men who responded to help and keep the neighbors safe. This apartment apparently was in deplorable conditions and hard to make their way through the apartment. Possible faulty burner on the gas stove.

Share


The Ballston Journal is Your Hometown News Source Since June 14, 1798. Covering the communities of Ballston Spa, Milton, Malta and Ballston in Southern Saratoga County.


Copyright © All rights reserved.